I’ll be the first to admit that when mirrored sunglasses started popping up on fashion bloggers’ sites, I wasn’t ready to whole-heartedly embrace this trend. But slowly, some of my favorite bloggers and celebrities–including Grasie of Style Me Grasie–have been rocking these shades, and now when I imagine what I’ll be wearing this summer (everyone does this, right?), I have mirrored sunnies on. Here’s why:
Along with my obsession of pops of pastels, I’m currently coveting light wash jeans: skinny, boyfriend, ripped, acid wash–gimme.
Light wash jeans almost trick me into believing it’s spring, even thought it’s only early February, and I’m so ready for sandal weather. Oh, and gents: this trend’s for you, too.
And while hers happens to be one-of-a-kind, kimonos and kimono-like jackets are cropping up again on the streets. I foresee a happy little kimono trend for the spring…
It’s confession time… I have a shoe problem. Stilettos, ankle boots, OTK boots, sneakers, sandals–you name it, I’m obsessed with it.
That’s why when Style Council member Grasie of Style Me Grasie posted a pic of herself in stunning mirrored pants (so amazing), my focus went to something else entirely:
That’s right… Shoes. Zara (pony hair?) ankle boots to be precise. Here are some more fantastic shoes to dream up outfits for:
My two fashion obsessions of 2013– matching suits and crop tops– are in all Crossroads stores now! And if that’s not enough to entice you, we’re also filling our stores with leather studded belts, two-toned scarves, and this season’s hottest trend for your head: the turban.
So grab your recycled tote and head to your nearest store to pick up one or all three of these looks.
I love this autumn-hued floral set. And with the top priced at $30 and the skirt at just $32.50, I won’t let this co-ord pass me by. You’ll see me sporting it with a brown leather motorcycle jacket and ankle boots.
2. Turbans + Studded Belts
Sometimes the outfit is all about the accessories. This seemingly simple outfit is transformed with the touch of blue from the studded belt ($12.50; also available in brown and black). Add a black turban ($10.50), and you’re ready for a night out.
3. Crop Tops + Two-Toned Scarves
Go bold with oranges and reds in this look. The midriff top is back, and I love how this burgundy long-sleeved crop top ($18.50; also available in black and gray) pairs effortlessly with this sheer circle skirt ($28.50). But don’t be fooled: the boldness of this look doesn’t come from its colors as much as from this amazing uni-scarf. The scarf ($13.50) is two sided–so you can wear it showing just one side, or both!
Photo via Etsytatic
It’s rare that I get such a thrill out of an entire collection–but that’s just what has happened with the Valentino Fall/Winter 2013 collection. I’m talking every single thing is on my wish list.
But my heart really went pitter patter when I saw these nifty little clutches with oh-so-chic straps that allow you to hold onto your little treasure without worrying that you’ll fumble it right into the gutter.
Until one of these beauties arrives at a Crossroads store (and, hopefully, falls into my hot little hands), drool over these clutches with me in dreamland.
And gentlemen… Valentino’s got you covered, too:
I’ll just come right out and say it: over here at Crossroads we are obsessed with Blair Eadie’s fashion blog Atlantic-Pacific. Cup of coffee in hand, my mornings usually begin perusing her latest post, my jaw on the floor, my mind chock full of inspiration. And no matter how much of our fashion budgets we spend trying to emulate her, there’s no beating her style. She masterfully structures every layer, incorporating bright colors, classic silhouettes and an ever-present gaggle of arm candy.
When this latest arrival of skirts and elegant prints came through our doors, however, I got to work paying homage to Blair as best I could. Let me know what you think in the comments below. The best part for all of us: these summer separates are in Crossroads stores right now.
My favorite look from Blair is this all black ensemble. Like Audrey Hepburn out of Roman Holiday, she makes these separates shine with minimal accessorizing.
Blair is obviously a professional when it comes to separates, but mixing solids and prints is something we can all excel at. Below we reversed the order and paired a printed top with a solid skirt.
Mustard sparrow print top, $18.50, and draped tulip skirt, $22.50
Above, Blair goes for an all-over floral motif.
Compose a similar look with this floral print mini dress, $35.00
Mimic Blair’s tie-dyed look here with the double paneled maxi skirt below and add some blue accessories to capture the entire look.
Tie-dye print maxi skirt, $35.00
All photos of Blair are courtesy of Atlantic-Pacific.
February was a big month. With Fashion Week, Valentine’s Day, and the opening of our Manhattan store, we humbly would like to say that shortest month of the year simply wasn’t big enough for all the wonders we saw and discovered. Ahead, we break down four things we became quietly obsessed with during February.
2. New York City. For obvious reasons, we’re pretty into the Big Apple right now.
3. Planning trips. Hey, summer trips may happen in the summer, but a good trip takes months in planning. We’re already studying and booking our way through July.
4. Anna Sui Dress. Our Evanston is throwing a shopping party tomorrow and they sent us a preview of a few things that will be on the racks. It goes without saying that this Anna Sui dress caught our eyes.
It’s almost the end of the first month of the year, and we’ve already developed a few new tastes here in the Crossroads corporate office. So what’s up with us, you ask? Ahead, five of our current obsessions that appeared sometime this January.
1. Miranda Kerr photographed by Terry Richardson for Harper’s Bazaar April 2012. Though the images are a little old, the style in these photos is timeless. This basically is how I wish I looked everyday. The reality, unfortunately, is far from.
3. Jil Sander Platforms. These babies just came into our College Ave. store, and if you’re nearby and happen to be a size 10, today is your la-la-lucky day. Meanwhile, I’ll just be here in the background, green and crying with shoe-envy. Priced at $175.
4. Coachella. Did you hear? The lineup finally has been announced for Coachella 2013. There are a number of WTFs on the roster, but hey, we’re always up for a fest in which we can don our fringe and really rock out, just like last year.
5. Bodie and Fou. A fashionable lady like you needs an equally fashionable house. This week I stumbled upon a great home decor blog by two French sisters…and I mean, enough said.
Another week has almost passed us by, and like any other week, this one had its high points and its low points. At the top of the highs for us is an editorial on how to style one tweed jacket in 7 different ways (get to pinning, girls), and on the lows, Jenna Bush’s attempt to dougie. Before the weekend meets us head on, read on and catch up on the most happening happenings on the internet in this week’s edition of Current Obsessions.
1. 7 Ways to Wear 1 Chanel Jacket. Shot by Wendelin Spiess for ELLE France, this cheeky editorial featuring Cara Delevingne shows us 7 different ways to wear a Chanel jacket that even we never thought of (and you know we have a knack for how-tos). Granted, most of us aren’t IT girl enough to own a Chanel tweedie of any sort, but we think the same methods can be applied to any tweed jacket. See the rest here.
2. MacKayla Maroney teaches Jenna Bush how to dougie. The unimpressed gymnast taught the former President’s daughter (and Today Show contributor) how to do the dougie. Apparently, MacKayla has many talents. Jenna, on the other hand, should stick to her day job.
3. Candella Cap-Toe Booties. These sweet, suede Candella booties look as if they were dipped in ice cream flavored paint (yum). The style and color make them great for the summer-fall transitional period.Candella, size 9.5, $47.50 at Williamsburg Crossroads
4. Dance Photography by Little Shao. These breathtaking ballet images by Little Shao are nothing short of…well, breathtaking. “Speechless” is another word that comes to mind. More here.
6. Crossroads is now open in Los Feliz. If you don’t know, now you know.