Let’s be honest; the holiday season can get stressful. Juggling gift shopping, baking and cooking, and visiting loved ones near and far can take its toll on you. Something you shouldn’t have to stress about? What to wear to each gathering and party.
It’s as important to dress festive as it is dress comfortably, so you can enjoy all your holiday company with pieces you’ll want to wear again. From the casual and comfortable to the elegant and timeless—not withholding sparkles of course—I’ve rounded up a series of makeup and style looks to guide you through the rest of the holiday season.
Holiday Outfit InspirationDoes your party have more of a casual chic or dramatic elegance dress code? We’ve got you covered either way and everywhere in between with this style guide. Get through the rest of this holiday season with flare!
No matter how old you are, there is always something new to be learned about fashion and style (Baddie Winkle, anyone?). But the 15 style lessons below are the ones you’ll want to learn as early as you can:
1. It’s all about the fit. Wear clothes that fit you right now and not where you’ve been or where you want to be.
2. Speaking of fit, find a good tailor. Don’t be afraid to raise hemlines and nip a great piece in; your clothes will look and feel better.
3. A white button-down is a must. End of story.
4. Never underestimate the power of accessories.
5. You don’t have to sacrifice comfort for style. A pair of chic flats often beats towering stilettos and a painful grimace.
6. There’s a reason certain pieces are called classics. Invest in these pieces and splurge – they’ll last you a lifetime.
7. When in doubt, wear black. It’s no-fail and figure-flattering.
8. Play with patterns and prints. Polka dots and stripes will always be a “do”.
9. Pay attention to details. Cuff your jeans or layer a few necklaces. It’s the little things that take your outfit and style to the next level.
10. Try out the seasonal trends if they really speak to you. Fashion is supposed to be fun!
11. Think in multiples. If you love a piece and it fits well, buy it in every color. You won’t regret it.
12. There are no real rules. Go ahead and wear horizontal stripes, white after Labor Day, and whatever else feels right.
13. Stand out in a crowd with fun pops of color.
14. A leather jacket is everything. Throw it over a lace dress, a t-shirt and jeans and pretty much everything else in your closet.
15. Confidence really is the best accessory.
Introduce a new silhouette to your denim drawer by embracing a pair of wide-leg jeans. This ultra-flattering style is one of the season’s biggest trends and has many of our favorite fashion girls going down a ’70s route.
Here are five looks that will have you rethinking your skinny jeans this fall:
Go ’70s with flared denim, a boho blouse, and fun, chunky sandals for added height.
Whether you’re heading to the derby or a trip to the beach, a straw hat is exactly what you need. They’re the perfect summer accessory for almost any outfit! Here are some of our favorite ways to style straw hats this season:
A straw hat is the perfect finishing touch to an oversized shirt.
Use a straw hat to balance out a bright, beaded top and keep you shaded from the summer sun.
Spending a day at the derby? A straw hat is exactly what you need to finish off your ensemble.
Throw a straw hat on with chambray and tailored, striped pants.
Take a fitted floral dress and pair it with a straw hat for the ultimate in summer vibes.
This week we focus on the best source for summer inspiration: our style icon, Vanessa Hudgens. Her laid back boho style is the perfect look for fancy free days of sunshine and sandy beaches. Vanessa can go from total boho goddess to a cool downtown look, always staying true to her distinct style.
Take some chances this summer and channel our girl, Vanessa Hudgens!
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Fall Fashion
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Get To Know Our Team
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Pop Culture
- Round Up
- Shop Her Look
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style
- Winter Fashion