We get it, it’s hard to find time to get to your local Crossroads and sell those pieces you’re no longer wearing or never put on in the first place. No worries, we’ve got you covered with our Sell by Mail program!
Things to Know Beforehand
- We know you spent good money on the clothes you’re sending in which is why we offer return service. For a $15 fee, we will send back any items we pass on.
- Payout percentages are the same as in-store: 30% in cash or 50% in trade.
- We do not offer consignment; a little confusing, right? This just means we will purchase your items outright. You don’t have to wait for your items to sell in our stores to get paid out. Hope that clears things up.
Step One: Request a Bag
You can request a bag on our website. Each bag is individually packaged in our Sell By Mail envelope and shipped to the address provided. Our primary form of communication is email, so make sure to provide a valid and regularly used email address.
Step Two: Fill it Up/ Send it Back
Once you receive your Sell by Mail bag you will notice a UPS label taped on. This is how we’re able to look you up in our system. Yep, that’s it. When filling the bag, make sure the flap can securely close; if the bag looks like it’s about to burst, consider reducing the amount of items.
I’m sure you’re wondering: well what should I put in the bag? We are looking for gently used, on trend items preferably purchased within the last three years. Here are some suggestions:
- Condition is everything! Broken zippers, stains, unwashed, unintentional rips and tears are avoided by our buyers. Make sure the pieces you’re sending are something you would consider an excellent hand me down.
- What’s it made of? Our customers are very fabric conscious. They love cotton, silk, wool, cashmere and leather. Check your labels!
- The more money spent on the piece, the higher the resale value. We are currently not interested in purchasing fast fashion pieces as their price points are too low to for our stores to sell competitively.
- Accessories are hot sellers; however, we do not buy jewelry through our program. If you send shoes, please be sure to package them appropriately. High heels can damage the bag and your other items.
- Style and age is very important. If the item you want to send in can be considered out of style, or is something you no longer see people wearing, chances are it’s something our customers are not looking for.
Once your bag is filled up, drop it off at your nearest UPS location. The labels on our bags are prepaid and only trackable through UPS. Make sure to ask for a drop off receipt for verification purposes. Once the bag has been scanned, you can expect it to arrive to our Northern California warehouse within seven business days.
Step Three: Now We Wait
The estimated processing time we post on our website is our best estimate from the date of the bag’s arrival to our distribution center located in Northern California. If you feel like it has been longer than what we’ve posted, don’t hesitate to send us an email: email@example.com. We will get back to you with a more detailed timeline.
Step Four: Cash Out
Step Five: Do it Again
If this is a program that works for you, feel free to request additional bags through our website. We love our repeat sellers, especially the ones sending in the brands, styles and one-of-a-kind pieces our customers are looking for. Just like fashion, our programs are ever evolving, so make sure to check back for any updates to our Sell by Mail program. What are you waiting for? Order your Sell by Mail bag now!
The origins of preppy style originate from “preparatory schools,” private institutions synonymous with wealth, status, and typically, privilege and exclusivity, all of which are currently foreign to the modern fashion world. As with the traits of the origins of the style becoming outdated, so is the somewhat vanilla, minimalistic tailored style of the classic preppy visual. Update your preppy style for the modern age with simple layers and additions of edge and unexpected details, putting an eclectic spin on the classic silhouettes and buttoned-up style.
Step Up Your Plaid
Plaid has long been a staple of the classic preppy image. Revitalize your plaid and focus on unique colors and unexpected ways to wear the print, like Blair’s tailored plaid jumpsuit, to add a modern spin on a classic print.
Reinvent Your Cardigan
We’ve seen the traditional cardigan come a long way in terms of utility and style this past year. Wear it buttoned-up as a top or throw it over your shoulders for a modern twist on a conventional piece.
Play With Fabrics
Add a Statement Piece
With that winter chill in full force, the only way to survive the cold during these winter months is by layering. The act of layering is synonymous with the season. Although it may seem like a chore when you’re getting dressed to brave the cold, consider layering as a thought-out part of your style routine instead and you’ll be sure to take your winter style to the next level! I’ve outlined 5 simple tips below that will ensure that you’re a layering master this winter season.
Start with a Stylish Base
Hoodie & Jacket Combo
It’s All in The Accessories
Blanket scarves, pom-pom beanies, printed gloves; no matter what you choose to top off your cozy fit, you’ll be sure to be bundled to the max! Be bold and try something in a vibrant hue or even a trendy leopard print!
Opt for a Vest
Double Up on Sweaters
As crazy as it seems, the holidays are already right around the corner again! Whether you’re style is more classic chic or if you verge more on the statement-making side of things, one thing is for certain, holiday parties are a blast and getting dressed up for such festivities is all a part of the fun as well! There is no reason to hold back with your style this time of year, as the holidays are for bold, eye-catching looks with a hint of glamour! I’ve rounded up five trendy styles that will surely pull together your holiday looks just in time for a night out celebrating!
Silk Slip Dress
‘Tis the season for jeans, sweater, and booties. Our typical fall and winter uniform can quickly become monotonous and a bit lackluster. Dare say I say that we get stuck in a rut when it comes to dressing in finicky weather this time of year? And while it may be necessary to continue to throw on your denim with layers upon layers of sweaters, there are simple ways to add a bit of a spark to your basic outfit. Below are simple tips that will elevate your jeans and sweater uniform, as to not be stuck in a never ending style rut this season.