Jewelry is an easy way to update any outfit, especially during the summer months when there are so many trends to choose from. This week, we’re showing off a wide range of jewelry styles available at Crossroads to help you to identify which piece is right for you, no matter your current mood.
Your Style: You pick pieces in silver or gold that are simple and don’t overpower your outfit. These “barely there” earrings and necklaces are classic but feature a modern twist.
Shop Left to Right: Stick Lariat Necklace ($10.50); Wire Wrapped Necklace ($12); Bar Pull-Through Earring, ($9.50); Tiny Moon Necklace ($10.50); DNA Earrings ($10.50); XOXO Studs ($6); V Shape Necklace ($9); Bar Studs ($7.50); Love Earrings ($9.50).
Your Style: You live for the weekend. Your jewelry reflects your laid-back attitude as well as your appreciation for intricate accents. Plus, you love fringe.
Shop Left to Right: Black Fringe Earrings ($12.50); Silver Coin Necklace ($35); Green Stone Ring ($12.50); 3-Pack Beaded Earring Set ($15); Pink Fringe Earring ($9); Embossed Turquoise & Silver Cuff ($16.50); 3-Strand Dangle Earring ($9.50); Square Stone Necklace ($22.50).
The Nature Girl
Your Style: You love anything that puts you in touch with Mother Earth; elements, stars, and flora and fauna are your go-to.
Shop Left to Right: Star Locket ($15); Wolf Pendant ($13.50); Daisy Looking Glass ($16.50); Floral Locket in Gold ($13.50); Bottle of Flowers in Assorted Colors ($15).
Your Style: You test the limits with fashion, so why not with jewelry too? You’re not afraid to take risks, and you live for conversation pieces. When it comes to choosing earrings, the edgier the better.
Shop Left to Right: Conversation Heart ($9.50); Mini Knife ($12); Whistle—it works! ($12); Training Whistle ($12); Eyeball Earrings ($12); Nail Ring ($7.50); 7 Tiers Chain Necklace ($20); Triangles on Chain ($15).
Your Style: Bold colors and shapes are all part of the fun. You like to experiment with larger pieces that feature chunky, natural textures and materials. Sometimes your taste in jewelry resembles something your college art professor would have worn, but what can you say? She had great taste in jewelry.
Shop Left to Right: Mixed Metal Choker ($17.50); Wooden Clock ($22.50); Shell Fringe Necklace ($22.50).
What’s your jewelry style?
The FLATform is the platform sandal of the moment—and we think it’s the perfect summer shoe for two simple reasons:
1. They give you height with no pain.
2. They’re sporty and chic at the same time.
If you’re not quite ready to trade in your Birkenstocks for their younger sister (the flatform), then come shop one of our other shoe styles heading to Crossroads stores everywhere this week!
TRAX Platform Sandal in neon, $36.50.
EXTRA Studded Sandal available in black and tan, $55.
NAPA Leather Criss-Cross Slide in black, $36.50.
And for the men…
Check your local Crossroads for these new arrivals!
Temperatures are rising and it’s time to pull out your lightest sundresses, favorite bikini and trusty top knot. Something’s telling us that these coming months are going to be blazing.
In case you’re not lucky enough to be sitting poolside through August, here are our favorite style hacks to keep you cool all summer long.
1. Go for natural fabrics. The materials are more breathable, will cause you to sweat less, and also dry faster. Jersey, linen and chambray are great choices.
2. Reach for light colors. They reflect the sun’s heat away from your body. Don’t even think about wearing head-to-toe black!
3. Opt for patterns instead of solids. Patterns hide sweat stains much easier.
4. Yellow sweat stains? No problem. Spray the not-so-pretty areas with lemon juice and throw them in the wash. They’ll be back to normal in no time.
5. Pick up a few long sleeves. They’ll protect your skin from the sun, which will keep you cooler by lowering your body temperature.
6. Rub a stick of deodorant on the sides of your feet to keep them from chafing when you go sockless. This one’s a red carpet favorite!
7. Rock looser-fitting clothes as opposed to cropped tops and short shorts. The tighter the fit, the warmer you’ll be. A flowing maxi will allow for better air circulation.
Tie-dye is such a fun print to wear, especially in the spring and summer when you want to add a splash of color to your look. Don’t go digging for that DIY tie-dye shirt you made at summer camp just yet; first, let us show you how to wear it the right way.
1. Paired with Neutrals
Tame your tie-dyes by wearing them in neutral—the muted color will instantly upgrade these wild prints from tacky to chic. Our Tie-Dye Tunic ($17.50) is available at Crossroads stores in peach and tan.
Guys look great in tie-dye. Head to your nearest Crossroads location for our men’s Tie-Dye Knit Tees ($9.50).
The bomber is the jacket of the spring/summer season and I want to make sure that you have plenty of options for mixing it into your wardrobe. I consider it the perfect lightweight transitional piece: it works with everything from denim to a silk dress. Check out my round up below for tips on how to add a bomber into your wardrobe.