Meet Cassidy Gard—she’s our newest addition to the Crossroads Style Council! This LA-based Jane of all trades interviews celebs by day, but by night, you can find her making videos about things she likes: DIY, cooking, lifestyle, and fashion!
Cassidy is an entertainment reporter who covers everything from press junkets to red carpet premieres via her very own production company. Whoa! This girl’s got goals.
You’ll see Cassidy sporting her #CrossroadsFinds everywhere, from her YouTube videos and even on the red carpet! When it comes to shopping, Cassidy admits she’s at Crossroads at least once a week.
“I love discovering the cutest little dresses from Diane von Furstenberg, Cynthia Rowley, Topshop—you name it.”
BEAUTY & DIY MAVEN
From face masks to home makeovers, Cassidy shows us how in her fun and easy video tutorials.
We love Cassidy’s all-American style, which favors classic pieces mixed with bright colors (queue denim and stripes!).
Cassidy isn’t afraid of showing us her outdoors-y side, whether she’s by the ocean or on a mountain doing yoga. Namaste.
Cassidy keeps it real (and hilarious) in her 8-part series on her very own “quarter life crisis.” Fun fact: every piece of clothing in this episode is from Crossroads!
Big news: Crossroads is releasing select styles from shoe and lifestyle brand “Intentionally ______.”
I have been coveting every single pair of shoes to come out of this emerging line since day one, so let me give you the rundown. “Intentionally _____.” was born in Los Angeles in 2014 by creative director Ty McBride. His vision then, as it is today, was “to provide shoes to women that work with their life, with their work, with their personal style and beyond.” Ty is also a fan of Crossroads—so we love him even more for that.
“Intentionally _____.” makes the perfected version of your dream shoe whether that be a killer oxford, mule or boot.
Solid. Detailed but not fussy. Stylish.
Look for these styles and more at select Crossroads stores this week!
By now you’ve probably heard the reports that Grace Coddington is stepping down as creative director of Vogue.
Fear not, Vogue diehards! Grace—and her signature red hair—will remain at Vogue as creative director at large. In the meanwhile, she’s devoting more time to projects like the upcoming film adaptation of her personal memoir Grace, and her fragrance collaboration with Comme des Garcons.
Even at 74, Coddington has added yet another title to her long list of accomplishments: style icon. Grace’s styling days may be slowing down at Vogue, but her personal style hasn’t lost any steam. You too can stand out like Grace using these four rules.
1. It’s all about the hair. Don’t go running out to your colorist in hopes of matching Grace’s iconic coif. Do take a note from Grace: if and when you find a cut or color that suits you, STICK WITH IT.
2. Black is all you need to be chic. Sometimes Grace adds a white button-down, but generally her looks begin with all black.
3. Add on bright accessories. This one’s a fashion no-brainer. Adding a pop of color is always a good thing.
4. Cats are cool. Cats are becoming as important to fashion (at least on Instagram) as this season’s must-have bag. Grace is a self-proclaimed Cat Lady but who can fault her? She also is the creator of Catwalk Cats, an illustration series—which may be turned into an animated film!
I can’t wait to see what the amazing Grace will do next!
Pantone announced their annual color of the year in December, and it’s two hues for 2016: rose quartz and serenity. These pale pink and soft blue shades strutted their stuff down the 2015 runways for Prada and Fendi, and they’re sure to make their way to stores everywhere soon.
Step into 2016 with these on-trend Pantone fashion finds:
1. A mini crossbody bag in rose quartz is the perfect on-the-go bag for any fashionista.
2. Give your miniskirt a flirty update with a bold new hue.
3. Sashay your way through the crowds with gorgeous heels in a pretty soft blue.
4. Add extra warmth and style to any look with a rose quartz scarf.
How are you planning to style serenity and rose quartz this year? Which of our Pantone fashion favorites are you leaning towards the most?
This season, it’s all about that effortless “cool girl” look and we really dig it. That means pile on all the plaid, fringe, hats (beanies or fedoras, please) and dark denim you can find.
Our Dark Denim Dress ($38.50) pairs perfectly with our Two-Tone Fedora ($20) and your favorite Chelsea boots. I’m getting a Jaglever vibe from this whole outfit.
You can never go wrong with plaid. Our Reversible Plaid & Herringbone Shawl ($25) is so versatile! Not only does it have two fall-ready prints, you can wear it as a scarf or button it down into a poncho. Amazing.
Paired with all black accessories, our Cut-Out Midi Dress ($25) is the epitome of effortless cool. Add your favorite boots, a plaid scarf and that trendy suede jacket you just picked up.
All items available this week at a Crossroads near you!