New Year’s Eve is merely days away and whether you and 2015 are going out with a bang or a whimper, embrace the chance to show off your style one last time in 2015. NYE celebrations are often cluttered with a variety of barely there mini’s: shiny, sequined, black or white. Let’s end this year with something a bit more unique and take the inspiration from my round up below to add a twist to the classics.
If there is anytime to shine, it’s on NYE. Stand out even more by wearing your sequins on your sleeve, pants, or with an unexpected maxi skirt.
Go beyond the usual little black dress and wow everyone with a bit more flare to end the year.
Add some funk to the elegance of white with some fun feather texture or surprising silhouettes.
Let’s be honest; the holiday season can get stressful. Juggling gift shopping, baking and cooking, and visiting loved ones near and far can take its toll on you. Something you shouldn’t have to stress about? What to wear to each gathering and party.
It’s as important to dress festive as it is dress comfortably, so you can enjoy all your holiday company with pieces you’ll want to wear again. From the casual and comfortable to the elegant and timeless—not withholding sparkles of course—I’ve rounded up a series of makeup and style looks to guide you through the rest of the holiday season.
Holiday Outfit InspirationDoes your party have more of a casual chic or dramatic elegance dress code? We’ve got you covered either way and everywhere in between with this style guide. Get through the rest of this holiday season with flare!
The early bird may get the worm, but we know that life gets in the way sometimes. After all, there are tons of new shows on Netflix to watch and all of those amazing holiday parties to go to!
Here are some of my favorite last-minute shopping ideas this year:
1. Order a magazine subscription. This is an inexpensive gift that keeps on giving. A lot of subscriptions are only $5 around this time of year! For a more personal touch, pick up a hard copy at a newsstand and present it to your recipient with a card.
2. Give a gift card. Who wouldn’t want a shopping spree at one of their favorite stores? Tuck a gift card (Crossroads offers them here, by the way) into a cute clutch and let your fashion-loving friends run wild.
3. Get baking. Stock up on ingredients and whip up some delicious treats that everyone will love. Your friends will rave on and on and beg you for the recipe afterwards. Check out our round-up of food blogs for inspiration.
4. Put together a personalized gift basket. Go beyond stuffed animals and carefully curate a specialty basket you know the recipient will love. How about everything they need for a girl’s night in? Champagne, your friend’s favorite sweets and a couple of magazines are sure to be welcome.
5. Treat that special someone to a night at the theatre or help them rock out to their favorite band. Order tickets online using a service like TicketMaster and print tickets immediately.
The ugly Christmas sweater trend has evolved over the years. It seems that these days, unless you whip out a DIY sweater, it’s harder to find an actual ugly Christmas sweater versus a not so ugly Christmas sweater. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, now that everyone has a camera available at the touch of a button to instantly capture you in all your ugly sweater glory.
The perfect sweater for your holiday party has a carefully crafted combination of elements. It looks festive, has a sense of humor, and is able to be styled so you’re still in the mood to mix and mingle all night. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite ways to style the not-so-ugly Christmas sweater this season for everyone!
Does anything scream cold weather fashion more than flannel? I think not. You really can’t go wrong with this staple during December. Here’s how some of our favorite fashion guys and gals are styling this print:
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Fall Fashion
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Friday Favorites
- Get To Know Our Team
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Pop Culture
- Round Up
- Shop Her Look
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style
- Winter Fashion