Baby, it’s cold outside, so it’s time to bundle up! We’re transitioning into winter (we know—where did fall go?!) and the temperatures are dropping.
It’s time to pull out your coziest knits, thickest layers and a big mug of hot chocolate. While we can’t help you with the last one just yet, Crossroads is the place to go for all your winter essentials. Here are our must-haves this season:
1. Invest in great outerwear that will keep you warm all winter long. Look for a coat with a thick lining and enough breathing room for you to layer a thick sweater underneath.
2. A pair of warm gloves is a must. Choose a stylish pair with touchscreen capabilities for when winter becomes that oh-my-gosh-my-fingers-are-going-to-fall-off level of cold. A touchscreen pair ensures that you can Snapchat and text away no matter how hard the wind is blowing.
3. Nothing says cozy better that a huge blanket scarf. We’ve been wanting to wear blankets outside for as long as we can remember, so we’re totally in love with this fashionable and functional trend. Double style points for belting it!
4. Stylish and functional over-the-knee boots are calling your name in December. Cover up by layering a pair over tights and tall socks as the season gets colder.
Missing any of our must-haves? Head to your nearest Crossroads today to make sure you’re winter-ready!
Denim has been front and center for most of 2015, and for that we are grateful. But what does 2016 have in store for our favorite durable fabric? I’m calling it now: next season’s denim trend will be based on color over style—specifically on the bright ultra-blue color of ’70s raw denim. So take a look at our newest and bluest denim pieces available in Crossroads stores now.
This October, we’re loading up on hats, vests, and bags perfect for the coming season. It may be 86 degrees outside my window now, but I’m crossing my fingers for that brisk fall weather to come and call in pieces like these.
An Embroidered Vest with Faux Shearling ($35) is the perfect accompaniment to any fall outfit. Pair it with a maxi dress or bell bottoms for that full-on bohemian flare.
I often think of Emily Dickinson with the change of season. Here is a favorite of mine entitled Autumn:
The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry’s cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I’ll put a trinket on.
Are you planning on experimenting with a new hot trend this season? If you haven’t picked one to dabble in, ask yourself this: Do I want my arms to be able to move around freely while still keeping warm? If you answered yes, get ready for your new favorite piece of outerwear: the sleeveless coat.
Unlike the dreaded sleeveless turtleneck, this coat/vest hybrid is more utilitarian than you’d think. No more sizing up to fit your bulky sweaters underneath, and you can dress it up or down. For a light version, head to your local Crossroads this week for our Sleeveless Coat with Front Welt Pockets ($32.50).
Scroll through for more ways to wear this versatile piece!
Crossroads is officially buying for fall! To celebrate my absolute favorite season for fashion (think cozy sweaters, wool hats and a darker color palette), I’ve made a list of the top 6 fall fashion necessities you won’t want to live without in 2015.
2. Fancy Pants. This fall, you’ll need a pair of pants that make a statement. We’ve chosen these Skinny Trousers with Suspenders, $28.50 and coming soon. Oh, and gingham isn’t just for summer anymore; this trend will carry on into the coming season so don’t pack up those check prints quite yet!
Photo Credit: The Blonde Salad
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Fall Fashion
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Get To Know Our Team
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Pop Culture
- Round Up
- Shop Her Look
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style
- Winter Fashion