Crossroads is officially buying for spring! Wondering what we’re buying right now? Look no further. Our Selling Guide is the most up-to-date place to find out which styles and trends we’re currently excited about.
We’re so excited about our selling guide that we’ve created looks to showcase our favorite spring trends using this week’s new arrivals.
Polka Dots + Mini Bags!
Once you put on our Drawstring Polka Dot Dress ($38.50), you’ll be sold. Featuring an oversized fit and midi length, this super comfy dress is a must-have. Just add a bright mini-bag to finish the look.
Romantic + Mules
Our Romantic Lace Dress ($38.50) has been getting a lot of attention on our Instagram page this week, and it’s easy to see why. Finish the look with a pair of pastel mules.
Off the Shoulder + Athletic Shoes
Two of my favorite trends this season all in one! I’ve been gushing all week about the new pair of sneakers I picked up at our newest store in Boulder, CO, and I love how they pair with our Off the Shoulder Mini Dress ($17.50).
Shop these pieces in stores this coming week!
Pantone released their color of the year recently, and for the first time, two colors are sharing the honor: Rose Quartz and Serenity. These warm pastel pink and calming baby blue colors complement rich, warm tones, bright and airy colors, and mid-range tones. In short, these two colors will go with almost your entire existing wardrobe!
Even so, maybe you simply aren’t accustomed to wearing pastels. The round-up below will help you naturally incorporate these colors into your wardrobe and open your eyes to two colors that may have never been on your radar—but will soon be popping up everywhere.
Today’s jewelry essentials are so different from what our parents knew. Gone are the days of pearl strands and signet rings. Instead, we’re looking for pieces that add just the right amount of luxury to elevate an everyday look, or ones that make a huge statement to really take our outfits to a show-stopping level.
It’s time to take a closer look into our closets and give our jewelry collections a makeover.
Check out my new jewelry essentials:
1. A delicate chain that you never take off. Look for one in silver or gold with a small diamond or bit of bling. Layer it with other necklaces or wear it alone for a simple, streamlined feel.
2. The stunning ear crawler. These single earrings sit gorgeously on your ear lobe and are instant conversation-starters.
3. A menswear-inspired watch to keep you on time and stylish. Look for one with a slightly bigger face and a metallic strap.
4. A statement necklace that is sure to catch everyone’s attention. Big necklaces are taking center stage and are great for giving your little black dress some va-va-voom.
By now you’ve probably heard the reports that Grace Coddington is stepping down as creative director of Vogue.
Fear not, Vogue diehards! Grace—and her signature red hair—will remain at Vogue as creative director at large. In the meanwhile, she’s devoting more time to projects like the upcoming film adaptation of her personal memoir Grace, and her fragrance collaboration with Comme des Garcons.
Even at 74, Coddington has added yet another title to her long list of accomplishments: style icon. Grace’s styling days may be slowing down at Vogue, but her personal style hasn’t lost any steam. You too can stand out like Grace using these four rules.
1. It’s all about the hair. Don’t go running out to your colorist in hopes of matching Grace’s iconic coif. Do take a note from Grace: if and when you find a cut or color that suits you, STICK WITH IT.
3. Add on bright accessories. This one’s a fashion no-brainer. Adding a pop of color is always a good thing.
4. Cats are cool. Cats are becoming as important to fashion (at least on Instagram) as this season’s must-have bag. Grace is a self-proclaimed Cat Lady but who can fault her? She also is the creator of Catwalk Cats, an illustration series—which may be turned into an animated film!
I can’t wait to see what the amazing Grace will do next!
This week, we turn our attention to Ursina Gysi, a Swiss-born model who now lives in Paris. The first thing you may notice about her is her covet-worthy hair: long, thick, and wavy. It acts as an accessory to her very unique look. Ursina’s style is undefinable; it’s quirky and incorporates a mix-n-match of odd pieces, but they look perfectly in place when worn by her.
She is brave, individual and quite the woman to watch!
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Fall Fashion
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Get To Know Our Team
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Round Up
- Shop Her Look
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style
- Winter Fashion