Summer isn’t the same without days spent out by the pool. Make the most of those gorgeous sunny days with a few must-have accessories:
1. Food inflatables. These are sure to make any pool party that much sweeter.
2. A waterproof pool table. Maybe it’s 10x our budget, but a girl can dream!
3. Pineapple flip-flops. To match your pineapple dress, naturally.
4. Beach ball sugar cookies. To satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. This hot dog joust game. Yes, this is a thing. And yes, you need it.
If you haven’t shopped our jewelry selection recently, make sure you stop by soon because we’ve just filled our cases with new pieces. Cute stud earrings, necklaces featuring natural stones and bold modern pieces are the highlight this week–so grab your reusable tote and come shop our favorite picks!
For a modern touch, go for our Bangle to Ring Duo in gold, $13.50 or our Layered Gold Chain, also $13.50. Both of these pieces are bold, fun and –best of all–each one features something a little unique.
This week’s style icon is the definition of sexy-cool… Rihanna.
This girl knows how to work it and isn’t afraid to make her own rules. Sometimes it’s glam, sometimes it’s street, but no matter what, it’s always KILLER!!
She’s a risk-taker and someone to keep your eye on.
It is officially summer! Even though as adults, we don’t technically get a summer break, we still have each and every weekend of beautiful weather to fit in all the traditional summer activities by September. I’ve created a starter summer bucket list that is sure to have something for everyone– from the beach bunnies to the adventurous road trippers.
This picture is from one of my favorite summer adventures; my honeymoon, on the beach in Seaside, OR.
1. Beach, lake, or pool day: Make the most of a lazy, summer weekend and work on that tan, build a sandcastle, play some beach volleyball and forget about the upcoming Monday morning.
2. The unplanned, unexpected, spontaneous road trip: I’ve only done it once in my life, dropping everything for a last minute road trip to see my favorite band with my best friend. I’m looking forward to another opportunity to drop it all and see what trouble I can find in a weekend.
3. Hiking: A simple pleasure to clear your mind. I am so lucky to live in an area with so many amazing hiking trails, and I’m promising myself I’ll branch out to new territory.
4. Visit a fair: Summertime means the fair comes to town! Give in to the deep-fried desserts, overpriced impossible games to win that stuffed bear, and seeing everything lit up from the top of the ferris wheel.
5. Host a party: No matter what kind of parties you are into–from game nights to dance nights– hosting a party at home gives the night a personal touch and let’s you showcase your creativity.
6. Eat more s’mores: This will be on my summer bucket list forever.
7. Concerts, concerts, and more concerts: The best tours come to town during summer. I am thinking Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Mumford and Sons, Alabama Shakes, Death Cab for Cutie, Foo Fighters and so many more than my bank account is already hurting.
8. Teach yourself a new skill: There is something a bit more satisfying when you are able to teach yourself something.
9. On that note, take a class: Any kind of class, for any interest. I have been taking all types of new workout classes and it makes me look forward to getting into a gym, rather than dreading it.
10. Go to a drive-in movie: There is something magical about seeing a movie under the stars on a warm summer night.
11. DIY something: Impress yourself and finally do that DIY project you pinned 6 months ago.
12. Visit a flea market: Flea markets are the best places to find those unique treasures that you didn’t know you needed.
13. Bonfire: on the beach, on the lake, in your backyard; sitting around a bonfire with a good drink and even better friends is one of the best ways to spend a summer night.
14. Pamper yourself, by yourself: Take yourself out for a pedicure, lunch, or a movie. Some quality “me” time is essential every once in a while.
15. Be adventurous: I went zip lining a couple of months ago, and even though I was scared to death the entire time and will likely never even think of doing it again, I was so proud of myself for doing it, and it has inspired me to be more open minded and try more new, adventurous things. Next up, maybe surfing!
What is your favorite summer activity?
This summer we’re swapping our crop tops out for delicate off-the-shoulder tops and dresses. They’re making a huge comeback this season, and we couldn’t be more excited. Need some inspiration? These five simple outfits featuring bare shoulders are all you need.
We love how Amy pairs her loose off-the-shoulder top with casual stripes and gladiator sandals.
Danielle always knows how to mix and match styles. Pair bare shoulders with high-waisted culottes.
This chic DVF dress in a fun print feels sophisticated and playful on Kat.
This loose checkered top adds a playful touch to Jessie’s bare shoulders.
Caitlin takes effortless boho to the next level by pairing two crocheted pieces.
How are you planning to style your off-the-shoulder tops this summer?
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Round Up
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style