Love ‘em or hate ‘em, boyfriend jeans are a much-needed reprieve from skinny jeans. But how do you wear a looser, baggier cut without looking shapeless and sloppy?
Jessie looks amazing–put together but relaxed–all while wearing destroyed boyfriend jeans. How does she do it?
- Good fit. Like Goldilocks, Jessie’s jeans are just right–loose but not baggy.
- Rolled and belted. By rolling her jeans and wearing a belt, Jessie creates shape where there wouldn’t be otherwise.
- Chic front tuck. By simply tucking in the front of her shirt (while letting the rest of it hang loose), Jessie shows she’s got a waist and keeps her outfit from looking sloppy. Imagine the difference it would make if she left her shirt untucked.
- Heels. While skinny jeans elongate legs, boyfriend jeans shorten them. Counter this with a pair of heels. I love the heel strap on her ankle booties!
- Dressy accessories. While faded, ripped boyfriend jeans don’t exactly exude a dressy vibe, somehow Jessie still looks ready for a swanky lunch date. How? By adding a gorgeous blue clutch, a chunky pearl necklace and a metallic belt. A little shimmer and sass go a long way.
But you don’t have to follow all these rules to make it work for you. Check out these other perfectly styled boyfriend jeans…