It is officially summer! Even though as adults, we don’t technically get a summer break, we still have each and every weekend of beautiful weather to fit in all the traditional summer activities by September. I’ve created a starter summer bucket list that is sure to have something for everyone– from the beach bunnies to the adventurous road trippers.
This picture is from one of my favorite summer adventures; my honeymoon, on the beach in Seaside, OR.
1. Beach, lake, or pool day: Make the most of a lazy, summer weekend and work on that tan, build a sandcastle, play some beach volleyball and forget about the upcoming Monday morning.
2. The unplanned, unexpected, spontaneous road trip: I’ve only done it once in my life, dropping everything for a last minute road trip to see my favorite band with my best friend. I’m looking forward to another opportunity to drop it all and see what trouble I can find in a weekend.
3. Hiking: A simple pleasure to clear your mind. I am so lucky to live in an area with so many amazing hiking trails, and I’m promising myself I’ll branch out to new territory.
4. Visit a fair: Summertime means the fair comes to town! Give in to the deep-fried desserts, overpriced impossible games to win that stuffed bear, and seeing everything lit up from the top of the ferris wheel.
5. Host a party: No matter what kind of parties you are into–from game nights to dance nights– hosting a party at home gives the night a personal touch and let’s you showcase your creativity.
6. Eat more s’mores: This will be on my summer bucket list forever.
7. Concerts, concerts, and more concerts: The best tours come to town during summer. I am thinking Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Mumford and Sons, Alabama Shakes, Death Cab for Cutie, Foo Fighters and so many more than my bank account is already hurting.
8. Teach yourself a new skill: There is something a bit more satisfying when you are able to teach yourself something.
9. On that note, take a class: Any kind of class, for any interest. I have been taking all types of new workout classes and it makes me look forward to getting into a gym, rather than dreading it.
10. Go to a drive-in movie: There is something magical about seeing a movie under the stars on a warm summer night.
11. DIY something: Impress yourself and finally do that DIY project you pinned 6 months ago.
12. Visit a flea market: Flea markets are the best places to find those unique treasures that you didn’t know you needed.
13. Bonfire: on the beach, on the lake, in your backyard; sitting around a bonfire with a good drink and even better friends is one of the best ways to spend a summer night.
14. Pamper yourself, by yourself: Take yourself out for a pedicure, lunch, or a movie. Some quality “me” time is essential every once in a while.
15. Be adventurous: I went zip lining a couple of months ago, and even though I was scared to death the entire time and will likely never even think of doing it again, I was so proud of myself for doing it, and it has inspired me to be more open minded and try more new, adventurous things. Next up, maybe surfing!
What is your favorite summer activity?
This summer we’re swapping our crop tops out for delicate off-the-shoulder tops and dresses. They’re making a huge comeback this season, and we couldn’t be more excited. Need some inspiration? These five simple outfits featuring bare shoulders are all you need.
We love how Amy pairs her loose off-the-shoulder top with casual stripes and gladiator sandals.
Danielle always knows how to mix and match styles. Pair bare shoulders with high-waisted culottes.
This chic DVF dress in a fun print feels sophisticated and playful on Kat.
This loose checkered top adds a playful touch to Jessie’s bare shoulders.
Caitlin takes effortless boho to the next level by pairing two crocheted pieces.
How are you planning to style your off-the-shoulder tops this summer?
This week we stick with a quirky girl who has always been a style icon:
She breaks all the molds, stays true to herself and always keeps things fresh. I’m not even sure she follows a trend– it appears that she just wakes up, looks in her closet and creates a look that is only her. She inspires…
It was something I denied for years. It was silly, irrational, and unnecessary: the stylish gym outfit. And here I am now, about to share some workout wear outfit inspiration because I’ve realized that it’s okay to want to look good at the gym. In fact, investing in stylish workout clothes might just give you the push to make it to the gym to show off your muscles and your style.
Take a peek at some of my favorite stylish workout wear inspiration:
Be bright and bold–add some color.
Clockwise from the top left
Show your attitude.
Clockwise from the top left
Don’t be afraid to show your personality and have fun.
Clockwise from the top left
With so many great summer trends out there, where to begin? We’ve done our homework and are sharing the 5 key pieces you’ll want in your closet all season long.
A Great Dress: To start your summer wardrobe off with a bang, you’ll need a killer dress. Our Mirrored Print Trapeze Dress ($35) is just the thing.
The Perfect Sandals: Our Platform Double Strap Sandals ($26.50) feature a white track sole, adjustable ankle strap for comfortable walking and are available in pewter or gold.
A Comfy Tunic: Ideal for a day trip to a small beach town or just a leisurely weekend brunch, our Frayed Denim Tunic ($35) is quickly becoming a favorite. It’s roomy, soft and features two front pockets (always a plus).
An Effortless Tank: Summer dressing is all about pieces that you can just throw on and run out the door with. Having a go-to summer top is a necessity–and our Scarf Hem Tank ($22.50) is just the thing. Pair it with boyfriend denim or your favorite cutoff shorts; it will finish off any outfit with ease.
Short Shorts: Who can say no to a great pair of shorts? Our Tile Print Shorts ($26.50) feature a flat front, high waist, and side zipper. Wear them with a crop top or a button down.
All 5 of these key summer pieces are available now at a
Crossroads near you!
- Ask Our Stylist
- Behind the Scenes
- Blog Love
- Crossroads Style
- Current Obsessions
- Fall Fashion
- Featured Post
- Festival Style
- Get To Know Our Team
- Hair Trends
- How To
- Jacket & Coats
- Little White Dress
- Look of the Week
- Men's Style
- Pop Culture
- Round Up
- Shop Her Look
- Spring Trends
- Statement Accessories
- Street Style
- Style Crush
- Style Icon
- Style Trendspotting
- Summer Fashion
- Summer Style
- Winter Fashion